Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Angelica the rescue iguana

Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 760 Posts
    Her mommy and my vet both told me she had been sick for weeks before I noticed. I just feel bad that I have gone in there so many times and just assumed she was being lazy in light. I even posted a pic of her chilling out on the branch. Now I will pay closer attention when I go in for feeders

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rmfsnakes32 For This Useful Post: dimzel (03-03-17)
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,359 Times in 16,342 Posts
    If you recall the Kiwi. I too have seen within 1 month, the iguana behaves differently that a poor appetite. I do not know how things are with your veterinarian. But in my town there is not a veterinarian, who can, if I come in, and the vet will be able to make a full inspection. Those. sometimes we see that a sick animal. But there is no way to make a diagnosis.
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

Thanks
    We'll she was living in a pet shop. For several weeks her body was turned away from the glass so I didn't see her injury. The day I went in she was turned opposite way. That's when I was able to see her injury. I feel terrible.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rmfsnakes32 For This Useful Post: dimzel (03-03-17)
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,359 Times in 16,342 Posts
    I'm sorry. Each of us blame ourselves when we lose animals.
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

Thanks
    Now I know to pay more attention to the reptiles when I go to that pet store

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rmfsnakes32 For This Useful Post: dimzel (03-03-17)
    Thanks
    So very sorry! It's so sad how some mistreat animals, make me sick...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RonP For This Useful Post: dimzel (19-03-17)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,354 Times in 699 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmfsnakes32 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I posted about this on the groups Facebook. I don't know how to post the links to them.
    But Angelica lost her life due to being housed in a much to small cage with another full grown iguana and they fougt and broke her back foot. I did not notice it in my previous trips to get feeders for the dragons. Earlier in the week I was in there and saw her foot she was turned with her leg toward me. I was appalled how poor her leg and cage looked. I made some calls to set up a home before confronting the owner.
    We had to be very aggressive with words to the owner and make threats to call the news media. He eventually gave in and let us take her.
    Following day she saw the vet she was set up for emergency surgery. The necrosis and ate all the tissue and into the bone in her back and towards her spine. The vet called us while she was still under anesthesia and explained that she was very sick and prognosis was very bad. Foster mom and I chose to have him put her to sleep peacefully while she was still under. It would have been very selfish to have him close her up and wake her up just to say goodbye.
    We gave her lots of hugs and kisses before surgery and she was given the name Angelica and her Foster mommy decided to have her cremated and picked out a little urn and had her name engraved on it. At least she had a little love in her life and learned human compassion. Thanks guys RIP ANGELICA FLY HIGH BABY GIRL

Oh no..poor baby...

You didnt deserve that girl, how sad :(((
    I am a bird breeder who is far from experienced, but learning quickly.
    My iguana's name is Eldin, he is the best lizard ever for me.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek For This Useful Post: dimzel (25-03-17)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123