Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yellow liquid poop

Thanks
    Thanked 31,258 Times in 20,579 Posts
    I'll explain to you why we point out on some characteristics of reptiles in captivity.

For example, the iguanas living in the wild, mostly in trees. Those. they rarely go down. And they have at their disposal a huge space.
    If we compare with the terrarium. In the terrarium little space (in any terrarium). Therefore iguana can eat ground out of boredom. Therefore, we are trying to warn the owners of iguanas.

Also in the wild there is a natural selection. And in home we usually have 1-2 iguanas. And we can not allow natural selection at home. It will be very sad to lose a single pet.

With regard to the terrarium. This is my personal observation that a high terrarium creates a good mood for the iguanas. If the terrarium resembles a "a piece of" wildlife - iguana more happy. And if the animal is happy - it boosts the immune system.
    In your terrarium has a snag. But outwardly (in my opinion) is not enough comfort. You can take my advice or not to use. But you can be sure that I write with only one purpose - to help improve the environment for your child.
    Because now he's sick. And I thought that maybe more "pleasing to his eyes," the environment will contribute to raising its immunity. I'm just going to show you some terrariums. For comparison.
    Name:  Род.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  177.2 KBName:  ! Террариум Хуан&#.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  62.6 KB
    Is it bad that I advise you to do more green in your terrarium?

You can see a recent example, and talk with the owner Lucy. He will be able to share his opinion - the impact of the terrarium on his girl. http://reptile-parrots.com/forums/sh...-s-new-habitat
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dimzel For This Useful Post:: rmfsnakes32 (02-03-17),Slick (03-03-17)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 761 Posts
    From what I have researched about animals in the wild is they have a much shorter life span than in captivity as well

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rmfsnakes32 For This Useful Post: dimzel (02-03-17)
    JR Member
    Thanks
    What his sorroundings look like has no impact on the immunity of the animal. It can sometimes relate to stress, especially in animals captured in the wild. Otherwise, a painting on the wall would help me heal a broken arm by that logic.

I do not mind advice, i mind advice comming from a high horse, especially with something i have first hand personal experiance with. True, i do not know by heart everything iguanas eat, or the perfect light bulb for it. Don't forget, the iguana was "trown" onto me to care for without me having a choice. But what i do know is logical animal behavior and let me tell you why.
    Me and my brother grew up on a farm, literally. Vegetable patches, fruits, chickens, stuff like that. With several small to large sized forests either next door or 20 minutes walk. And while most of people here already had exotic pets when we were young, the two of us were given the first hand experience of wildlife. It's beauty, it's cruelty, the issues of parenthood, finding food and all the other stuff. Just this parcel that belongs to my family more than likely had twice as many lizards as most of you have seen in your life (not trying to insult, just trying to picture you how many bloody lizards there are). And that's without geckos. And while this is our first time dealing with an iguana, they are not that different from others of their kind.

On another note dimzel - you keep criticizing my iguana's living space for not being large enough. True, it's not. But i've mentioned few times that it's not possible for me to get him anything larger at this point, either due to money or the facts it's not possible to aquire a particular peace where i live. You also forgot to notice that, while his winter residence is modest, he will have over 200 square meters with over a 100 trees to play with as he pleases.

rmfsnakes32 -in the wild, they are a part of food chain, competition as well as physical activity required to find food. Take that out and you'll find a not-so-perfectly-healthy animal that will live longer.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,262 Times in 10,465 Posts
    The surroundings do have an impact to the well-being of an animal.
    The more relaxed (stress-free) an animal feels, the less compromised his immune system is. And while he may not be able to tell the difference between a Pollock or a bare wooden wall for a background, there is no denying that the changes proposed help the iguana feel better.

I know how it is in most iguana groups out there. I know the bashing and the name-calling and all the negative attitude.
    There is none of that here. And as you must have noticed, none is bashing you about the size of the enclosure or about anything else. We are only offering advice for the well-being of your animal. And with all due respect to your experience, in this matter wildheart, the maker of the forum, is offering actual scientific evidence. I cannot give you links from my mobile at the moment.

This is what we are here for, to make sure every animal gets the optimum care and every owner is armed with correct and up-to-date scientific knowledge. None will come to your house and force you to change something, none will criticize you for doing what you can. None will tell you "why you took this animal under your care" are you kidding me? You saved him.
    But none will stand silent in wrong and potentially fatal information.

I suggest we all take a step back and take a deep breath.
    You have the opportunity of taking advantage of the collective knowledge of tens of iguana owners. Instead of starting at 5 you can start at 500 and your iguana can be the better for that.

Sent from my VFD 300 using Tapatalk
    Hello all my name is Mariana, mother to the green iguana Johnny

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnny For This Useful Post:: dimzel (02-03-17),rmfsnakes32 (02-03-17),Slick (02-03-17)
    Thanks
    GuidedBySpirits, how is your child's health?

Thanks
    Thanked 18,321 Times in 11,570 Posts
    I think this iguana died Irina.
    Saving the world, one reptile at a time. They make me want to be a better person. My name is Ann.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to coolmoon For This Useful Post: dimzel (21-04-17)
    Thanks
    Hioph

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123