Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coldblooded does not mean stupid

Thanks
    Thanked 37,054 Times in 25,100 Posts
    You are lucky that the doorknob is high.Name:  заливатся смех&#10.gif
Views: 28
Size:  5.7 KB
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

Thanks
    Great article!

Daisy learned before she was 2 years old that if the latch was down on the door of her cage, she could not open it. However, she knew that if the latch was not pressed down, the door would swing open if she pushed on it with her foot and she could climb out. I actually watched her learn to do it one afternoon as I pretended to be absorbed in my computer, secretly watching her while she thought I wasn't paying attention. It only took her two pushes on the door to realize it would not open, but she carefully watched me move the latch. Once she saw it in the lifted position, she walked right over to the door and pushed on it, then climbed out. She didn't really go anywhere, I guess she just didn't feel like being "inside" at that time. She just sat next to the cage until she got hungry and went back in to eat.

I was amazed how quickly she figured it out. After that I realized when she has a certain look, she is thinking about something, trying to figure it out. Sometimes she does this when something on television gets her attention: the raptors in the movie Jurassic Park, for example, like she is wondering if she can walk around on her hind legs like they do and grab things, or perhaps something else? She also seemed to like the movie Predator, when the scenes came on that were in infrared vision (I think the bright colors grabbed her attention). She also recognizes certain sounds: the sound of a food bag being opened, birds chirping outside, the cats' voices. She also has an immediate and visible reaction to certain words: banana, figs, Daisy, no, stop, good girl, food, bath. I am sure she recognizes others but just doesn't have the kind of reaction I can see right away.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to prslaughter For This Useful Post: dimzel (22-03-18)
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,268 Times in 3,167 Posts
    Very interesting Mariana, thank you. I believe all animals have the ability to think and learn.
    Don't lose today by stressing about tomorrow!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenn For This Useful Post: dimzel (22-03-18)
    Thanks
    Thanked 37,054 Times in 25,100 Posts
    Janie, a very funny situation.Name:  lol.gif
Views: 15
Size:  3.5 KB Undoubtedly, our children always surprise us.
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12