Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Help with toilet training PLEASE!!

Thanks
    Thanked 18,327 Times in 11,091 Posts
    Hello all my name is Mariana, mother to the green iguana Johnny

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny For This Useful Post: dimzel (16-10-17)
    Valued Contributor
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,079 Times in 3,380 Posts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick For This Useful Post: dimzel (16-10-17)
    JR Member
    Thanks
    Hi Gemma, as far as I remember my Oscar is pretty much the same age as Loki. After 3 months Oscar literally just pooped in the bath two days ago. My trick to getting him poop was to keep observing him when he usually goes in his viv. I left the bath training for a while as I wanted to see his patterns and so he can slowly adjust to our house hold routine e.g. when we come back from work, school etc. So he usually does his business in the morning and in the evening. Anyway, after evening feeding I waited a while and just keep track what time he goes in the evening. So when I decided to get him used to having baths now I will take him out before his evening time, usually 10-15 min, walk with him for a while in the bathroom so he can see the water is already there and then bathe him.
    Fairly shallow water so he is stable, doesn't float and temp around 27-30C. I use old fashion method of checking the temp by putting my elbow in the bath - only because this temp is similar to the one when washing babies.
    Will be testing my little trick for the following days so hopefully he will change his pooping habits to the ones that are closer to my schedule so he can have a bath and some bonding time. He was a bit scared when he was put in the bath for the very first time but now he is getting used to it. He lets go of my hand now more often!
    Aega on the other hand poops in the afternoon (usually between 3-4pm- yes she is that punctual) and she found her spot luckily by the front door on the wooden floor so it's easy to clean. She is really a creature of habit and luckily she doesn't go anywhere else but definitely she doesn't poop in her viv. Little miss won't have smelly poop in her home and she very rarely poops while in the bath.
    Have heavenly patience and keep the routine, they will get used to it.
    Hope this helps in any way

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kasia For This Useful Post: dimzel (18-10-17)
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,372 Times in 21,359 Posts
    Kasia
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dimzel For This Useful Post: Kasia (18-10-17)
    JR Member
    Thanks
    No problem
    Mommy to green iguana Aega and blue iguana Oscar

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kasia For This Useful Post: dimzel (19-10-17)
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234