Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Iguana - Help with toilet training PLEASE!!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,298 Times in 2,912 Posts
    Poor FLAT Loki!

Quote Originally Posted by gemma View Post
    I did up the temperature and drop the depth I could have got in that bath it was so warm! I thought it was too hot but he loved it and that was the key I think. He got a treat after too with his favourite flower xx
    I would advise you to, if you haven't already, buy a temp gun. This will allow you to get the temperature exactly where you want it. I notice that sometimes when I put my hand in the water, the temp feels cooler or warmer than I think it is, but that is because of the ambient temperature. So a temp gun will help you get the same temp each time.

He’s having a little growth spurt....he’s eating sooooo much and so of course more poop! So it’s hard to get it right! I know he knows when he needs to go because he always goes to the same spot when he’s in his enclosure. So now I know he knows the feeling and is in control of it (if that makes sense!) I know it’s a good time to start and hope to make good progress. He’s very clever but also very cheeky! He’s looks at me when he’s pooped on the tree as if he’s done it on purpose!
    I think that iguana's, like children, poop more as babies. As they get older they can go once a day, so they can adjust to doing it in the bath in the morning. This was my understanding from another our previous admin and it turned out to be true for me and Malakai, and for my friend Tania who had a lovely blue iguana. (now talking about Zeke I miss him!)
    Last edited by sdellin; 29-11-17 at 09:24.
    My name is Sharon, mommy to Malakai. We live in Vacaville, CA in the US.

If it's meant to be it'll be, if it ain't it won't... it's life, live with it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdellin For This Useful Post:: dimzel (29-11-17),gemma (29-11-17)
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,312 Times in 23,681 Posts
    I agree with Sharon. Only the bath helps to avoid the iguana doing the poop in the terrarium.Name:  lol.gif
Views: 10
Size:  3.5 KB
    But to choose the optimal time for a bath is the task of the owner. Iguanas can get used to the regime. But sometimes they change their regime.
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 934 Posts
    Lol I didnít mean on full!! Ha ha

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 934 Posts
    He’s doing great with baths now shallow water (not waterfall ) he goes straight away now.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gemma For This Useful Post: dimzel (29-11-17)
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,298 Times in 2,912 Posts
    He’s doing great with baths now shallow water (not waterfall ) he goes straight away now.
    on trickle?
    My name is Sharon, mommy to Malakai. We live in Vacaville, CA in the US.

If it's meant to be it'll be, if it ain't it won't... it's life, live with it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdellin For This Useful Post:: dimzel (29-11-17),gemma (29-11-17)
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,312 Times in 23,681 Posts
    Name:  ??????.gif
Views: 9
Size:  4.0 KBOnly on the forums of iguanas people enjoy news about poop of iguanas.
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dimzel For This Useful Post: gemma (29-11-17)
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,788 Times in 13,389 Posts
    True!
    Hello all my name is Mariana, mother to the green iguana Johnny

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnny For This Useful Post:: dimzel (29-11-17),gemma (29-11-17)
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456