Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Hi from me,my cat and new iguana

Thanks
    Thanked 3,651 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonNL74 View Post
    Hi Dimzel and the rest of the forum.Today some great organisation took Stoffel.It was a hard decision but it's not me,not my cat but Stoffel who's health is on the line.He was getting smaller in weight.I could not do other than give hime to experts.So i did.I gave him to this organisation. https://www.stichtingcarnivora.com/
    He is now onto a new world with a femail iguana.Into a real terrarium,much better then i offered him.

I felt sad.I love him.My cat was searching and mowing 3 hours long after he left.We were close but for Stoffel it is better he get the right care.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonNL74 View Post
    Thanks all,i took Stoffel from an impulsive moment i saw him on a market place.I thought i could handle him.I have ony €50 a week to spend for me and Eleven.I thought the food is no problem and i have the space to give him a room.
    It is not like that.You need a good climate control.I can't just put water on the stove and think all is ok.It was a mistake.I don't have the money to make a proper terrarium.It was a big mistake by me.On the other side,they wanted get rid of Stoffel they gave him without questions.

Now he is in a good place at the end.Thanks for the support! From now on i go support places like the ones who took Stoffel.It's a part of my life now to support people like you and the ones who took Stoffel.Can we still be friends?

Greets Leon.
    Leon, your decision to let Stoffel go was the right one. Sometimes people are unable to make the best decision for the reptile, and that is the saddest thing, because without the proper care they will die. I'm glad you recognized that it was in his best interest to re-home him. Good luck, and please stay in touch. Your story may touch someone else struggling with the same problem, so thanks for writing all about it.
    My name is Sharon, mommy to Malakai. We live in Vacaville, CA in the US.

If it's meant to be it'll be, if it ain't it won't... it's life, live with it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdellin For This Useful Post:: dimzel (07-12-17),LeonNL74 (08-12-17)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,291 Posts
    It is very hard to make a decision like this, and you are to be commended for it. Take care, Leon, and stay in touch.
    My name is Stephen, and I have a male green iguana named Darwin (since March 17th, 2016).

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scarl For This Useful Post:: dimzel (08-12-17),LeonNL74 (08-12-17),sdellin (09-12-17)
    JR Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the kind replies :-) I received a photo of him with his new girlfriend.He's eating well now and it is the best for him.I go soon visit him.I'm so glad those people are doing this.I go look what i can do to support this organisation.
    Have a good weekend everyone and i will stay arround.
    Name:  stoffel..jpg
Views: 15
Size:  69.6 KB

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeonNL74 For This Useful Post:: dimzel (09-12-17),Johnny (08-12-17)
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,851 Times in 13,214 Posts
    That is wonderful you can check up on him. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Saving the world, one reptile at a time. They make me want to be a better person. My name is Ann.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coolmoon For This Useful Post:: dimzel (09-12-17),LeonNL74 (08-12-17)
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,041 Times in 12,262 Posts
    The important thing is that he is happy
    Hello all my name is Mariana, mother to the green iguana Johnny

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny For This Useful Post: dimzel (09-12-17)
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,527 Times in 22,282 Posts
    Thank you very much for the news !!!Name:  веселится c серд&#.gif
Views: 8
Size:  3.1 KB
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,651 Times in 2,470 Posts
    This is wonderful that he now has a girlfriend to hang out with. I am grateful to organizations like this who can help in situations like this. Good news.
    My name is Sharon, mommy to Malakai. We live in Vacaville, CA in the US.

If it's meant to be it'll be, if it ain't it won't... it's life, live with it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sdellin For This Useful Post: dimzel (10-12-17)
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456