Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anubis update

Thanks

Anubis update

So we are dealing with a bad shed I know that much still have parts of the shed sticking to his body right now and today I helped feed him, well I did it cause my daughter is sick in bed with a fever, he wasnt taking it so I held his mouth open and placed the small fuzzy within his jaws and he ate it, I didnt shove it down his throat just placed it within his jaws, did so at the urging of my daughter and my wife who are oth very worried....gonna keep an eye on him and see how things go, I hope I didnt do something wrong at all with helping him eat the way I did

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragyn For This Useful Post: dimzel (09-01-18)
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,825 Times in 12,714 Posts
    I will wait for our snakes expert to answer on that.
    It is so frustrating when they have eating problems.
    Hello all my name is Mariana, mother to the green iguana Johnny

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny For This Useful Post: dimzel (09-01-18)
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,342 Times in 22,897 Posts
    I hope that Gary will write to you.
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,992 Times in 4,178 Posts
    You did the right thing. I'm glad he took it.

My other concern is his shed problem. If he still has a bad shed, I suggest after you give him a couple of days to process his meal, soak him in a small tub with Dawn and water for about a half hour or so then gentle help him get his shed off. I have a video of this on my YouTube...

8.3 Burmese Pythons 1.2 Dumeril's Boas 1.0 Moluccan Scrub Python
    9.12 Ball Pythons 1.3 Colombian Boas (BCI) 1.0 Carpet Python

2.1.5 Rabbits 1.0 Cat 1.1 Dog
    Big snakes are where it's at! - Gary

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exwizard For This Useful Post:: dimzel (09-01-18),Johnny (09-01-18)
    Thanks
    Gary, thank you. Name:  сердце перелив&#10.gif
Views: 21
Size:  14.5 KBAwesome video.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dimzel For This Useful Post: exwizard (09-01-18)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by exwizard View Post
    You did the right thing. I'm glad he took it.

My other concern is his shed problem. If he still has a bad shed, I suggest after you give him a couple of days to process his meal, soak him in a small tub with Dawn and water for about a half hour or so then gentle help him get his shed off. I have a video of this on my YouTube...
    Thanks Gary for this...I am glad I did feed him, was worried that I may have messed up by feeding him that way though, so seeing your post helped calm that right down... as far as soaking him goes I will make sure that it does happen, up until yesterday we have been soaking him in warm water for about an hour or so to help help out, didnbt yesterday since my daughter was running a fever and I was busy with other things, but I will make sure that the next soaking we do that dawn is used to help out, I am sure that not alot of dawn is needed at all and will keep updates with how he is doing... I am also going to make sure I feed him the way I did yesterday next week as well just to make sure he gets what he needs for food

so glad to have all of you here to help out with advice it is much appreciated

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dragyn For This Useful Post:: dimzel (09-01-18),exwizard (09-01-18)
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,992 Times in 4,178 Posts
    He'll be ok. Just next time you soak him, make sure you help him get that shed off immediately afterward.
    8.3 Burmese Pythons 1.2 Dumeril's Boas 1.0 Moluccan Scrub Python
    9.12 Ball Pythons 1.3 Colombian Boas (BCI) 1.0 Carpet Python

2.1.5 Rabbits 1.0 Cat 1.1 Dog
    Big snakes are where it's at! - Gary

13. The Following User Says Thank You to exwizard For This Useful Post: dimzel (09-01-18)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by exwizard View Post
    He'll be ok. Just next time you soak him, make sure you help him get that shed off immediately afterward.
    Thanks for the advice with the Dawn soap Gary... worked like a charm.. wasnt easy helping with the shed over his head and his eye caps, but we got them off and boy was he was all active as soon as they came off, looking around and moving around my hand and than curling up in my palm...my youngest rinsed him off and now he is destressing in his hide while warming up cause of the flexwatt....thanks again and will post a pic post shed tomorrow night
    Cheers all Javin and Genghis

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragyn For This Useful Post: dimzel (Yesterday)
    Thanks
    Javin, I can not help you with advice with Anubis. But I keep crossed fingers. And I'm waiting for any news about him.Name:  Цветы для тебя.gif
Views: 9
Size:  1.1 KB

Thanks
    Thanked 21,523 Times in 13,613 Posts
    Happy to hear that everything went well.
    Saving the world, one reptile at a time. They make me want to be a better person. My name is Ann.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to coolmoon For This Useful Post: dimzel (Yesterday)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast