Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saltwater Aquarium Fiasco - Has a Good Ending

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    Wow how scary! Roca saved the day! I have heard of heater malfunctions killing the entire tank. I'm glad you were able to save your fish. I don't even use heaters in my fish aquariums anymore. Two are in my very warm reptile room and the one that isn't is ornamental shrimp, and room temperature is fine. Only my water dragon has one.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
    Can you show pictures of your tank? I had a water dragon once, before I got my iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by coolmoon View Post
    They do have metal tube heater that don't break, that is what we are using in the big tank now. They don't get as hot but I don't have to worry about electrocution.
    Ann, can you show a picture of the metal heater? I haven't seen those.

Also, guess what? It wasn't the heater. I'm replacing the heater anyway, but I got up the nerve to test it and it still works. Once I got the pumps running again I started to smell the same electrical smell, faintly. I realized one of the power heads was not working. So that prompted me to test the heater. The power head, once I removed it from the tank, I noticed it smells terribly strong like electrical fire. So it was the power head, not the heater.
    Maroon clownfish can get up to about 6.5 inches. I think perculas only get to 3 inches, if I remember correctly.

Maroon clownfish. Premnas biaculeatus, commonly known as spine-cheeked anemonefish or the maroon clownfish, is a species of anemonefish found in the Indo-Pacific from western Indonesia to Taiwan and the Great Barrier Reef. They can grow up to be about 17 cm (6.7 in).
    My name is Sharon, mommy to Malakai. We live in Vacaville, CA in the US.

If it's meant to be it'll be, if it ain't it won't... it's life, live with it.

Name:  lightning-maroon-clownfish.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  164.1 KBcheck out this maroon clownfish.
    Name:  PNG-Lightning-Maroon-Clownfish.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  78.8 KB
    Last edited by sdellin; 21-01-18 at 04:18.
    My name is Sharon, mommy to Malakai. We live in Vacaville, CA in the US.

If it's meant to be it'll be, if it ain't it won't... it's life, live with it.

Sharon, this fish is beautiful !!!Name:  Любовь из глаз.gif
Views: 13
Size:  11.1 KB
    Oh, wow. But at least you have found the real cause of the failure of the aquarium.
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

He is a handsome guy. I must confess, I really like fish.

Here is a link to one type but this one looks plastic. We got the metal one at petco as well.

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcos...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Saving the world, one reptile at a time. They make me want to be a better person. My name is Ann.

The water heater I use for my water dragon is actually one made for turtles. It has a green plastic cage around it. Previously I used a regular one but had to cover it with rocks. Here's a picture of part the water dragon enclosure, his water is a utility sink to the left. I don't have current pictures, but will try to get some. Mojo can't/won't climb like a normal water dragon.
    I did used to have dragon fish, too.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
    "The miracle is this: the more we share the more we have." Leonard Nimoy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12