Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I wish I knew what kind of Frogs these are...

Wow he is a good sized guy.
    Saving the world, one reptile at a time. They make me want to be a better person. My name is Ann.

Yeah, so far still only on top of the pool cover. We have steps and handrails that go down into the pool, so I tie the cover around the handrails to keep the rain water from washing leaves into the pool. Hopefully the frogs will still just stay on top. I have to drain the water off again, but I dread it, I mean it will kill all the tadpoles, but what will I do with thousands of frogs anyway? Moral dilemma.
    My name is Sharon, mommy to Malakai. We live in Vacaville, CA in the US.

If it's meant to be it'll be, if it ain't it won't... it's life, live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sdellin View Post
    Yeah, so far still only on top of the pool cover. We have steps and handrails that go down into the pool, so I tie the cover around the handrails to keep the rain water from washing leaves into the pool. Hopefully the frogs will still just stay on top. I have to drain the water off again, but I dread it, I mean it will kill all the tadpoles, but what will I do with thousands of frogs anyway? Moral dilemma.
    Most of the frogs would get eaten, and you wouldn't have to care for them anyway. Why must you drain it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Hey, my name is Kenny.

Well, the pool cover keeps leaves out of the pool. Rotting leaves make the pool hard to clean for the swimming season. So leaves accumulate on the top of the pool cover, and then it rains, so I get mucky rain water on top of the pool cover. If I don't drain it off now and then it will become a swamp with mosquitos and other bugs. Around here we have to drain standing water in spring and fall to limit the breeding of mosquitos that can carry west nile virus. The horses can get it, as well as the dogs and people if bitten by infected mosquitos. Also, there is always the risk that the dirty water will drain into the pool from the top of the pool cover. So, dirty pool water = mess to clean up for swimming season. It's a vicious cycle. LOL

Name:  Отчаяние.gif
Views: 13
Size:  270 BytesYes, Sharon. This is a dilemma.
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

Irina, you know me. I don't want to kill anything. I know most of the tadpoles will die, that's why frogs lay so many eggs, but I hate killing anything. You know the saying, "Playing God?" I do not like to "Play God." I once was at a house tour with my husband and our real estate agent, this was when we were looking to buy in the country. There was a mostly drained pool at this house and there we a huge bug in the pool water. I found a long stick and got it out to safety. My agent (and very long-time friend) couldn't believe it. She said she would have got a hose and washed it under until it drowned. Wow, she must really hate bugs. When I say my grandson is so much like me, it's funny because even in this, the need to save a bug, he is like me. I just kind of think that all things have a right to live. But I understand that we must feed our pets and animals must eat, so I buy frozen mice for the snake. But I could never feed a live mouse.

The dog water dish tadpoles are still doing well. They are changing shape, but still have plenty of algae to eat. The dogs keep drinking the water down, even though we gave them a new water bowl! LOL

Sharon, your life position deserves great respect.Name:  ты - великий чело&.gif
Views: 14
Size:  11.6 KB

Once they grow legs, give them some land.

Hey, my name is Kenny.

Kenny, I can not wait for this moment.

If may share my opinion, killing animals is not playing God, though killing humans is. However, what is dispicible is purposefully making them suffer.

Last edited by Iguana_Keeper; 20-04-18 at 06:44.
    Hey, my name is Kenny.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast