Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extended Breeding Season for Green Iguana?

Charby is 4 years old. Young stud lol

This is how he is.

1) 2 months of pre-season ( October to December he becomes very territorial & aggressive. Loss of appetite but no sperm )

2) Late December to April I see his sperm ( I just found another sperm this morning today... )

3) Charby gets plenty of exercise all day to release his stress & hormone. At least I'm trying to. ( I don't confine him in the enclosure unless he is a super butthole mode. Only 1 hour top )

To be honest I still have no idea what makes some male iguana mating season longer than others. I wish I could figure it out.

My vet said the last year we had 2 unusual winter storms in Arizona & maybe that caused the longer mating season but I'm not buying it lol
    Hello~ my name is Taka. I have a red iguana Charby

I am not sure about the weather either because I have two boys and they have completely different seasons.
    Saving the world, one reptile at a time. They make me want to be a better person. My name is Ann.

I had the opportunity to watch 3 iguanas girls at the same time. Despite the same climate, they had a different breeding season.
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

Unfortunately Howard is in "butthole" mode 100% of the time. He acts a lot like Boris does so I have no choice, for the safety of my other animals and myself, to keep him in his enclosure.

Howard is six yeas old and this is his longest season to date. Last year was was longer than it had been in the past years but not this long. I feel like he is starting to come out of season now. He's actually been cute the last couple of days. He knows I can only mist him when he is on the bottom shelf, so he's been coming down on his own and sitting at the front of the tank waiting for me to come mist him. He does the same thing in the evening after he finishes his greens so he can have his banana. He still tries to bite me through the cage when I'm giving him his banana but it's a start.

Irina, the camera upsets Howard and I'm trying to keep him as calm as possible so he doesn't hurt himself slamming up against the enclosure. I will try to get some photos of him sleeping. Sorry that's the best I can do right now.
    My name is Sherry, mother to many four leggers!

I'm glad that there are signs of the end of the breeding season. Yes, I understand you. When Boris got into an evil iguana, he also reacts negatively to the camera. Take care of yourself.Name:  сердце перелив&#10.gif
Views: 22
Size:  14.5 KB

Good luck, Sherry. Safety first, for both you and Howard.
    My name is Sharon, mommy to Malakai. We live in Vacaville, CA in the US.

If it's meant to be it'll be, if it ain't it won't... it's life, live with it.

Sherry, how's it with Howard? I'm very worried about you. Do not be shy. If there are problems - write and show the video. Name:  сочувствие.gif
Views: 17
Size:  6.1 KB Maybe we can help you.

You probably remember my Boris. I would not want Howard to get the same bad character.
    Probably Taka and Ann will be able to give good advice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12