Thread: Little rat

Thanks

Little rat

Yesterday as I was driving with the kids we saw a rat sitting in the middle of the road. So I stopped and just had time to grab him before a car came in the other direction. He was a young rat, too thin and not at all aggressive. I gave warm diluted pigeon formula and a hot water bottle and offered food. We also injected vitamin k (in case he ingested rat poison) and amoxicillin. Despite our efforts he was gone at night. At least he died in peace in a warm nest and he didn't seem stressed or in pain. Rats don't get very good press but they are very intelligent and social creatures. In the wild they ususally live only 6 months. Rest in peace little rat.

Envoyé de mon SM-G930V en utilisant Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flor For This Useful Post:: dimzel (01-05-18),Johnny (01-05-18)
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,067 Times in 15,682 Posts
    You have a very kind soul, Flor.
    People go out of their way to hurt animals, not care for them. Especially a rat. I'd like to think his hours under a care were like a good dream and that he slipped into another, permanent one.
    Hello all my name is Mariana, mother to the green iguana Johnny

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnny For This Useful Post:: dimzel (01-05-18),Flor (01-05-18)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    You have a very kind soul, Flor.
    People go out of their way to hurt animals, not care for them. Especially a rat. I'd like to think his hours under a care were like a good dream and that he slipped into another, permanent one.
    Thanka Mariana... Rat or human, life is short! We can just try and give a little confort around us along the way...

Envoyé de mon SM-G930V en utilisant Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Flor For This Useful Post: dimzel (01-05-18)
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,067 Times in 15,682 Posts
    That's what I'm saying to a person I value much. Maybe you cannot save the whole world or end suffering for everyone, but don't give up and don't disregard the small actions you can make.
    Hello all my name is Mariana, mother to the green iguana Johnny

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnny For This Useful Post:: dimzel (01-05-18),Flor (01-05-18)
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,640 Times in 26,316 Posts
    Flor, I'm sorry that you did not manage to save him. But you really have a very kind heart. This kid died surrounded by people who wanted to help him. Name:  сочувствие.gif
Views: 38
Size:  6.1 KB
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dimzel For This Useful Post: Flor (02-05-18)
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,551 Times in 17,075 Posts
    Poor little guy, I am happy you at least gave him a small kindness. I love rats and feed the ones I have outside.
    Saving the world, one reptile at a time. They make me want to be a better person. My name is Ann.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coolmoon For This Useful Post:: dimzel (02-05-18),Flor (02-05-18)