Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meesha, Eclectus Parrot

I think it's like this with a lot of animals. Kenny was asking about iguana. I think if you socialize them young you have a better chance. But there are those who just bond with one person no matter what and there is nothing you can do about it. An example is my cat Sadie (RIP). She was socialized so much, but grew up to only like me. She would allow my adult son and my father-in-law to pet her, but not one else, not even Chris. It's hit or miss, but with some careful work in the beginning to try to socialize them, I guess.
    My name is Sharon, mommy to Malakai. We live in Vacaville, CA in the US.

If it's meant to be it'll be, if it ain't it won't... it's life, live with it.

Sharon, I agree. And even if an animal is not meant to bond with someone, still the chances for a good relationship must increase with positive interaction from a young age. At least that's what I think.

Sent from my VFD 300 using Tapatalk
    Hello all my name is Mariana, mother to the green iguana Johnny

Mariana, of course. For example, the owner of Boris feels less fear and knows better how to interact with Boris. And I know Boris is not enough. Therefore, after the incident, I do not know what to do about it.
    Even if a small child grew up in our family and not very well-mannered, but we know his habits. And certainly more likely to interact.
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

It's proven with Malakai. I did not interact with him enough when he was young. Therefore we are not close, which is sad. But I love him so much anyway and he's not agressive, so that's good.
    My name is Sharon, mommy to Malakai. We live in Vacaville, CA in the US.

If it's meant to be it'll be, if it ain't it won't... it's life, live with it.

Sharon, I've thought about this a lot.
    Now I'm convinced that even Lucky is trying to behave defiantly. She does not like to sit on my hands. And she started to open her mouth. And she never did it with the owners.
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12