Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello

Just to add to this, I use plastic carpet runner in Malakai's enclosure. It's the kind that has the little points on one side, I just face that down. I like this stuff because I can remove it, wash and scrub it if he poops on it. He usually doesn't, but I can also toss it out and replace it easily as it's cheap. Although it's not going to be wide enough for the new enclosure. I will have to think of something else.

Name:  carpet runner.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  66.9 KB
    My name is Sharon, mommy to Malakai. We live in Vacaville, CA in the US.

If it's meant to be it'll be, if it ain't it won't... it's life, live with it.

Thats a really good idea!

Sharon, this is the first time I've seen it. But it looks very comfortable.
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

How do I go about potty training?
    Im Stime.

So many beautiful creature to love in this world!

Quote Originally Posted by dimzel View Post
    Sharon, this is the first time I've seen it. But it looks very comfortable.
    Irina, have posted this before, but yes, it works and is so easy to clean. i have a small broom that I scrub it with if need be. Of course if I clean as soon as it gets dirty, I dont have to scrub, just rinse and spray with F10sc

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    How do I go about potty training?
    This is the morning bath routine. An iguana will prefer to poop in water if they can. Often, and I believe most, but I can't speak for every iguana, they will only go once a day when they get older and if they have access to water daily. So if you put them in a warm bath (warm water stimulates the need to go potty) they will get used to going in the water in the morning You can also put a small tub of water in the bottom of the enclosure and they will probably go in the water. I only put enough water in the bottom of the tub to keep anyting from sticking, that way I'm not lifting a heavy sloshing tub of dirty water out. Then I just dump that in the toilet, rinse in the shower and spray with F10sc. I really only need this when I go out of town and don't want my sister handling Malakai.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI, bath water only needs to be up to the shoulders, so no chance of drowing... although they will dunk under the water and swim, which is cool to watch.
    My name is Sharon, mommy to Malakai. We live in Vacaville, CA in the US.

If it's meant to be it'll be, if it ain't it won't... it's life, live with it.

Sharon wrote in detail. But I want to add that in the period of growth iguanas eat a lot. Sometimes they make poop 2 times a day (or more often). Therefore, if one bath is not enough, you can give a bath 2 times a day.
    My iguanas are making poop so far 2 times a day.
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123