Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bump on the tail of the iguana

bump on the tail of the iguana

Yesterday a large piece of old skin came off the tail of Gene. And I saw a lump on the tail. I have no idea what it is. There's no scales. And there is a soft cone.
    Name:  20180707_120509.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  143.5 KBName:  20180707_120512.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  101.9 KBName:  20180707_120539.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  116.3 KB
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

It looks like some kind of abscess. Poor Gena she doesn't need any more health issues.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

My name is Anne.

She has problems with the tail for a long time. In autumn of 2017 the owner was concerned that part of the tail "dries", i.e. decreases in thickness. We could not find the reason. But on X-ray, the surgeon (human) has found out a damage in vertebra or vertebrae. Those. he suggested that there were neurological problems. The tail works fine. But its thickness differs - in the place of injury. It looks like a border - between good tail thickness and bad. It was in this place that I saw a bulge.
    I have notified the owner, but I do not know what the owner will do.
    Because another problem with Genа is related to digestion. Abscess in comparison with this problem - may not seem so much. But I'll keep you posted. She's a poor girl. Of course I would not want her to have so many problems.

Owners confirmed today that this protuberance began after a trauma to the tail. But this can not affect the problems with the tail. The problem is the neurological consequences of vertebral trauma. Therefore, they do not pay attention to the abscess.
    At least I found out that it was not in my house.

Poor Gena She has so many issues.
    Is there anything else the owners should inform you about? I am guessing you were pretty scared when you noticed it.
    Hello all my name is Mariana, mother to the green iguana Johnny

Mariana, I think I know everything now. I knew that there were problems with the tail. But I did not know about the abscess.
    She really has a lot of problems. Because an adequate iguana can not change the nature without a reason until strong aggression.

Update on the abscess, Irina?
    My name is Sharon, mommy to Malakai. We live in Vacaville, CA in the US.

If it's meant to be it'll be, if it ain't it won't... it's life, live with it.

Sharon, there are no updates. If this is an abscess, then it must be surgically removed. But Gena has much more problems with digestion. Therefore, abscess (for the owner) is not so important.
    For a surgical operation, anesthesia will be required, but probably the body of Gena are too weak to expose it to surgery.
    Besides, this is not my iguana. I can not decide such questions. This abscess began a long time ago. At a time when they found a problem with the tail.
    But I also think that other problems are more significant.

We had a good break from her illness. Gena had a stable but small appetite. For 2 weeks she regularly did poop (except for 1-2 times). But there was no vomiting for about 1 month.

The day before yesterday, she ate very well (if you compare her usual appetite). She ate from my hands the beans leaves, with great appetite. Yesterday she refused to eat, she did not have a poop. But in the evening she had vomiting.

Goodness, that poor little girl is going through it. I still hope for her that things turn around.
    My name is Sharon, mommy to Malakai. We live in Vacaville, CA in the US.

If it's meant to be it'll be, if it ain't it won't... it's life, live with it.

Sharon, I have little hope. Especially in our city it is almost impossible to diagnose internal iguanas diseases. But the problem will not go away. She is losing weight, because she eats a little. When her appetite is large, vomiting begins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast