Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help from Senegal Owners Please ....

Thanks everyone. Waiting is the plan. I just keep hang'n around him, talking to him, and handing out little walnut/almond treats once n awhile (if he eats his food).
    I know it takes patience and if I can win over a Reptile I sure as shoot'n will win over Malachi.

Name:  Да.gif
Views: 21
Size:  4.1 KBJim
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

I hope he will warm up to you. The only one I had any dealings with was a female and she loved everyone.
    Saving the world, one reptile at a time. They make me want to be a better person. My name is Ann.

I like that this boy - personality.. I is enchanted that birds are of an independent nature.

It's not unusual to see them preferring female humans especially when they are vulnerable. He will open up for you over time.

Malachi will dig your humor & prank sooner rather than later lol
    Hello~ my name is Taka. I have a red iguana Charby

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer65 View Post
    Thanks everyone. He doesn't see me with Razer and I have no info on the previous owners other than the bird shop got him from Texas.
    We have discovered he's in love with the wife (Maybe any female). Whenever he sees her, instead of climbing or going to the back end of the cage like he does when he sees me, he comes to the front of the cage to greet her and bobs his head and then bows it. She was just holding him and petting him which is something I have yet to be able to do. The other day my Daughter-N-Law came over and was holding him and even turned him over to lay in her hand. I was flabbergasted!!
    I have patience, just need to use it.

This is Malachi in my Daughter-N-Law's hands ....
    Attachment 98759

Attachment 98760

Maybe I need to wear a long-hair wig.
    Jim, unfortunately this happened to me and my husand. My bird chose me as her mate, and now wants nothing to do with my husband. It's imporant to limit the cuddling if you want to change the birds perception, but it may be too late. Parrots should not be petted anywhere but on the head and neck, they see touching anywhere else as a promise to mate. This can cause the mate bonding to occur. Any kissing and cuddling, touching anywhere below the head and neck, can result in this mate choosing and birds don't mess around. So if she's chosen your wife as her mate she will not want anyone else touching her. It's unfortunate, but it happens.
    My name is Sharon, mommy to Malakai. We live in Vacaville, CA in the US.

If it's meant to be it'll be, if it ain't it won't... it's life, live with it.

Sharon, thank you for your experience.
    I think Jim's wife will be happy that she is in contact with this little sweet treasure. Jim has Razer as a loyal friend.

Thanks again everyone. I've decided that if I can't win him over I'll just save up and get an African Gray. I won't let her near him!! hee hee hee (joking of course).

Jim, GO FOR IT!!! This is what I ended up doing. I was going to try to become less cuddly with Meesha in the hopes that she would bond with Kirby (now Max, short for Maximus). But that might make him un-handleable if she were to choose Max as a mate. In any case, Meesha is quieter since Max is always there. They squack if you take one away from the room without the other, but not much, which means they see themselves as part of the same flock. The neighbors have even noticed that Meesha is screaming much less. And... I still get to enjoy a close relationship with Meesha. Although I don't pet her below the head and neck now, because anything else can be a promise of sex and they can get frustrated when you don't follow through. But, all-in-all our bird situation is much better with Max here. He will climb down off his cage and go climb up on Chris and sit on his knee. So Chris gets attention from a bird now too.

So, this prompted me to get up and go get Meesha. She's on my shoulder (I know, not recommended, but she's submissive to me) and Max is sitting on Chris knee while he works on his laptop. This is actually exciting because I can spend more time with Meesha because I'm not so worried about encouraging her screaming when I'm not there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast