Thread: I'm in Love ....

I'm in Love ....

This is LuLu who has had a rough go of it in her previous owners care. She came to the shop before I started working there and couldn't even be talked to without her picking her feathers out. Her plight just broke my heart and so since I started working there, I've been slowing trying to win her over. I think we're making headway as this is the first time I'm seen her come out of her cage and show some affection for my efforts.
    She's stolen my heart and although currently the wife doesn't want me to get another bird, I'm working on her too.
    she's even holding on to me with one claw and I think that's a first step in trusting me enough to "step up" ... LuLu, not the wife!

Meanwhile, I'll keep trying to win them both over and hopefully before too long, LuLu will come live with me and Malachi.

Jim, she's such a sweet nice girl.Name:  сердце в руках.gif
Views: 31
Size:  4.6 KB I understand your feelings.
    And I wish you success in your planned enterprise. Lol.

What about her feathers?
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

Such a sweet, little girl she is I am glad she is starting to trust you.
    Hopefully, she will stop plucking her feathers.
    Hello all my name is Mariana, mother to the green iguana Johnny

Jim, did your wife see Lulu?

She is adorable Jim. I wish you luck with her, she looks like she needs a caring family.
    Saving the world, one reptile at a time. They make me want to be a better person. My name is Ann.

Thanks everyone. No the wife hasn't gotten up the courage (or desire maybe?) to even come in to the shop yet. She has seen this video though. I know she doesn't want me to get another bird and it may not work out that I do, but as long as I'm working there I'll be giving LuLu as much attention as I can.

Jim, thank you for spending time with this cute girl. Maybe having a friend, she will get better.Name:  Цветы для тебя.gif
Views: 23
Size:  1.1 KB

Well I would think it would be important to have the full support of your wife on this one. She clearly needs a forever home and I know birds can be very stressed by change. She does seem like a very sweet girl.
    Saving the world, one reptile at a time. They make me want to be a better person. My name is Ann.

I agree with Ann. If you have your wife's support then you could offer her a forever home, but only if you know you can keep her. Poor little girl. I wonder how many homes she's been through. African greys can be notorious for feather plucking. She really shouldn't be in a pet shop, if you can't take her, Jim, maybe a rescue would be better for her? I hate to see animals get moved around and around. It does affect them, as I'm sure you know being in the animal industry. I wonder why her previous owners gave her up. Who knows, but I wish her the best.
    My name is Sharon, mommy to Malakai. We live in Vacaville, CA in the US.

If it's meant to be it'll be, if it ain't it won't... it's life, live with it.

What news about the girl? Are there new videos or photos?