Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: URGENT baby water turtles

They are well! Both eating and being active. The sickest one is not 100% yet. Her eyes are opened and now transparent but the eyelids are a bit puffy. And ahe spends more time outaide water on the basking spot than the other. I hope she continues to improve, I am very pleased with progress.
    But I was researching the species and it looks like they will need a 400l aquarium for two when grown up... ideally i would love to be able to put them together with my male river cooter once they are grown up. He is in a 250l tank by himself and I think he may appreciate company, or he may just pester them because what he really wants is to mate (his girlfriend is a floating ball currently). On top of lack of space I am not sure how the floor will fare if i add another giant aquarium. So I was coplating upgrading everybody in a 400l together once the chinese turtles are grown up. But that may be too tight. In summer I have an outside pond that I think they can all be in together but most of the year and at night they'll probably be inside.

Envoyé de mon SM-G930V en utilisant Tapatalk

I was lurking at this thread since I can't offer any advise, but I am so very happy they are doing well. My heart goes out to the little one
    Hello all my name is Mariana, mother to the green iguana Johnny

Thanks Mariana. Life is really really hectic right now and I just have time to chop iguana salad and tend to a million and one things. But when I get a chance I will try to get some good photos of these little critters to post. They are very cute. Another Day, the adult river cooter, just looks so huge in comparison.

Flor, I'm glad they are improving.Name:  веселится c серд&#.gif
Views: 11
Size:  3.1 KB
    And maybe you will find good owners for them ... Otherwise, your home will not soon endure all your pets. You have a very kind heart.
    My name is Irina. Sorry my mistakes in English.

I think you are right Irina. At some point I will not be able to give optimal care to so many animals. The peoblem is that I don't know anyone around here who would provide good care to water turtles. They are expensive to keep well, and you need a lot of space. Here they are still sold in a plastic bowl with a little palm tree and ditched outside if they get big... i really can't think of anyone who would do it the way I want them to be kept.

Here are two photos of each. The one on the plate is the sickest one, you can see her eyes are open now. The other one was just swimming around trying to escape from the camera!

They look much better. Such sweet babes.Name:  сердце в руках.gif
Views: 11
Size:  4.6 KB

They are two tiny little treasures. Flor, I can understand how hard (or rather, impossible) it is to not care for animals in need.
    Hello all my name is Mariana, mother to the green iguana Johnny

I have put a little bit more water and I can see the sicker one has trouble diving, she tends to float at the surface. She still breathes with her mouth open sometimes. I am still worried about her!

Oh, Flor, I, like Mariana, only can think about you. But you have to wait for Ann. Maybe she will have thoughts.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast