Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stop calling your new pet a RESCUE!

Great thread Linky!! This is what Simon was and he broke my heart. I tried everything when he was dropped on my doorstep. I drained out my bank account and it still wasn't enough.
    Lucy too. That is the thing with rescues, sometimes they are a triumph sometimes a heartbreak.
    But you have to be willing to do what is right and what is best.
    I try to order everything online BUT sometimes accidents occur (like a blown UVB MVB light) and I have to go to the petstore to buy one. I cannot always drive one to two hours to buy another...to another petstore it is the same thing.
    Some people do not have the places to buy that are rural, and I'd rather see them buy what the animal needs than not at all.
    At one time I had three MVB's and they all went kabluey LOL it was a crazy year.
    I try to avoid even looking at the animals when I do go but I admit it it is very hard. But then again it isn't a rescue.
    Just because you have an animal that isn't dead yet, doesn't mean you know how to care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by lucysfriend View Post
    Great thread Linky!! This is what Simon was and he broke my heart. I tried everything when he was dropped on my doorstep. I drained out my bank account and it still wasn't enough.
    Lucy too. That is the thing with rescues, sometimes they are a triumph sometimes a heartbreak.
    But you have to be willing to do what is right and what is best.
    I try to order everything online BUT sometimes accidents occur (like a blown UVB MVB light) and I have to go to the petstore to buy one. I cannot always drive one to two hours to buy another...to another petstore it is the same thing.
    Some people do not have the places to buy that are rural, and I'd rather see them buy what the animal needs than not at all.
    At one time I had three MVB's and they all went kabluey LOL it was a crazy year.
    I try to avoid even looking at the animals when I do go but I admit it it is very hard. But then again it isn't a rescue.
    The majority of people can buy online and I am not talking about emergencies either. I assure you people will not go without the necessities just because I said not to support pet shops who doesn't care for their reptiles. It seems most people just do not have the guts to stand up for animals yet they want to complain about everything.
    I am Afrikaans speaking, excuse my English.

QUALITY OF LIFE IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS GOOD HEALTH.

Linky, I could not have said it better ! I'm proud of you, and also proud to be member of this community.
    So much to learn, so little time... My name is Fred, the passion for Life runs through my veins.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12